January 26, 2010

I'm Back!

I'm back.

Last August I ended up getting asked to coach my nephews football team as there weren't many coaches available in his community. My brother and I agreed to take the job. Each day after work I ended up having a 45 minute commute each way to practice four days a week. I'm also a high school football official so every day but Sunday was filled with football through Thanksgiving.

On Thanksgiving I played in a Turkey Bowl and ended up messing up a knee. I spent most of December chilling out. Last week I had surgery and everything went well. I'm up and at it and finally have some time to start finishing my build.

I've already started up the build. I just finished a fret bender and bought a fret press. I'll update on that stuff in the next couple of days.
I hope all of you are well!

6 comments:

verticleman said...

Good to see your return. You have been a big help in my build.

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job! Both in execution, and documentation. Looking forward to more progress. Keep it up! ---JT

BeerSnob said...

Your post really helped me. I was looking for an alternative to routing the truss rod channel in a bass neck I'm building... I like slot cutters better than routers!

Mark said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this get towards the finish line! I have plans to do some guitar building but I'm more on the drawing side than the woodworking side of things. Keep up the good work. Check out my guitar reviews and designs here; http://guitardesignreviews.com/

James said...

Hi – will you post your Blog at The Luthiers Community ay vorts.com? Our members (which include other luthiers, players) will love it.
It's easy just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website… it’s a win win. You can also add Photos, Videos, Discussions and more.
We are just getting started and could really use your help. It’s free and easy.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
The Luthiers Community: http://www.vorts.com/luthiers/
Thanks,
James Kaufman, Editor

Anonymous said...

oh man were have you go?